University of San Francisco
Operation, maintenance and repair of multiple and various building mechanical systems and infrastructure, especially but not limited to the co-generation facility and attending duties.
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the maintenance engineer shall, if and when called upon, perform any or all of the following skilled and technical duties, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Operation, maintenance and repair of all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
- Operation, repair and maintenance of refrigerant compressors, condensors, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves,
stop valves, and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperatures.
- Operation, repair and maintenance of pumps handling brines, or other secondary refrigerating liquids together with all valves, appurtenances and lines in the system.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Operating, maintenance and repair of all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Operation, repair and maintenance of water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls including supply lines and water lines.
- Operation, repair and maintenance of all types of motors or engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- Any and all work not specifically enumerated above, but which is customarily performed by maintenance engineers.
- Repair and installation of locks, keys, hardware, doors and those duties related to locks.
The Maintenance Engineer shall assist the Chief Engineer and the Assistant Chief Engineer in the performance of the duties above enumerated.
Must possess the physical abilities to perform the duties of the job. Available to work all shifts. A valid California drivers license and a clean driving record.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education, experience, and/or training to perform the duties of the position at the stationary engineer level.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individuals race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.