Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Pre-College Coordinator ensures the successful day-to-day operations of the Pre-College program. Serves as the central point of contact for faculty, students, and parents in order to effectively implement a positive programmatic experience and to resolve academic challenges. The Pre-College Coordinator leads the coordination of all programmatic events, trips, and other academic initiatives and is responsible for assisting with marketing materials, event planning, digital applications, enrollment, student and parent pre-program engagement, and program content.
1. Oversees and ensures the successful the day-to-day operations of the Pre-College office. Provides professional and courteous engagement and ensures student, parent and faculty needs are met.
2. Serves as the central point of contact for faculty regarding Pre-College students of concern. Using discretion and professional judgment, triages sensitive issues and identifies a plan for appropriate resolutions. Assists faculty in handling sensitive classroom matters. Identifies and escalates more serious student concern issues to the Assistant Director.
3. With an in depth understanding of the Pre-College curriculum, serves as the point of contact for student academic progress. Guides and supports students to self-correct academic challenges. Ensures the academic experience is meaningful and inclusive. Refers and makes recommendations to the Assistant Director for more serious situations.
4. Using diplomacy and professionalism, serves as the first point of contact for Pre-College parent questions and concerns. Collaborates with other offices to resolve issues.
5. Oversees programmatic travel and event logistics, including booking of transportation, student trips, classroom and facility scheduling, and catering. Works collaboratively with staff and faculty to schedule program activities and ensures successful programs.
6. Works collaboratively with the CE team, Student Affairs, and other RISD offices to ensure a successful check in experience and seamless transitions. Schedules and plans preparation materials and communication.
7. Selects, trains, and supervises undergraduate student staff members who serve as office staff and exhibition monitors during the summer months.
8. Serves on appropriate committees, including but not limited to, Pre-College move-in and CARE team. Follows up on important tasks and makes recommendations as necessary.
9. Creates web, print, and social media content and works with marketing staff to ensure implementation. Coordinates photo and video shoots with photographers and marketing.
10. Oversees installation of Foundations Exhibition. Oversees Work-Study staff schedule to monitor galleries. Coordinates exhibition artwork removal, UPS pick-ups and cleanup of Galleries. Ensures the exhibitions reflect the academic experience.
11. Reviews, audits, recommends and coordinates updates to the Pre-College Handbook, calendars, policies, registration forms, website and learning management system.