The Director of Safety Services and Marketing of Sub-Board I is responsible for directing and advising the day to day operatons of the Safety Services department, as well as the Marketing Department, with direct supervision of the student staff. Areas of delegated purview and responsibility can be classified into three general categories: administrative, staff supervision, and programming. The Director reports to the Executive Director of the corporation.
1) Maintains appropriate reports, paperwork, and correspondence on behalf of Safety Services and Marketing Departments.
2) Oversees and edits any submissions for electronic media for the departments under this position’s purview.
3) Meets regularly with the Executive Director.
4) In consultation with management, the Director will meet regularly with all departmental directors/managers to assist with the marketing campaigns for each service, as well as develop campaigns to promote the corporation as a whole. This position is expected to also routinely revisit branding efforts.
5) Responsible for social media promotion, as well as periodic review of the various corporate web pages.
6) Enforces all Safety Services policies and procedures, as well as monitors van tracking log. Additionally the Director is responsible for facilitating regular service, maintenance, and meeting all NY State and auto membership expectations for the vans.
II. STAFF SUPERVISION
1) Responsible for the supervision of the Safety Services management staff. Addionally responsible for overseeing all Safety Services and to ensure that they operate optimally.
2) Responsible for the supervision of the Marketing staff. Addionally responsible for overseeing all Marketing campaigns and to ensure that they operate optimally.
3) Facilitates all correspondence and donation/grant requests corresponding to our not-for-profit status.
4) Assists in the orientation, training and supervision of new student staffers (stipend, work study, and volunteer) in these Departments.
5) Maintain availability to all Safety Services staff during all evening services.
1) Coordination of major programs, including but not limited to: SBI Day, Take Back The Night and the V Day Campaign.
2) The coordination of all special events for Marketing and Safety Services.
3) Assists in updating and/or creating new workshops related to Safety Services issues.
4) Assists in the coordination and training every semester for all new volunteers and staff of Safety Services.
5) Participates on various campus and community committees that focus on the themes and areas represented by Safety Services as dictated by this position. Committee involvement may be management directed.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.