The Office of Graduate Medical Education offers a one-of-a-kind HR employment opportunity for a Human Resources Assistant. The position serves as daily main contact for HR communications with residents and fellows, provides liaison support for resident employee health services (EHS) lead physician and facility, administers leaves of absences, COBRA plan, workers’ compensation reporting and support for immigration visa processing. In addition, integral support and involvement are required, as necessary, to support the HR team with employment contracts, background check reports and drug testing.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with knowledge of human resources administration including; email and telephone employee communications, employee health services requirements, tracking various types of leaves of absences, electronic on-boarding systems, J-1 visas, data entry and volume review and COBRA plan administration. This position is full time, Monday – Friday, with a 37.5 hour work week, offering flexibility for scheduling work hours between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The successful candidate must be able to routinely and confidently communicate with a variety of key resources including; residents and fellows, training program administrators, program directors, resident employee health services lead physician and facility representatives, payroll vendor support staff employment benefits broker and enrollment system representatives, immigration services staff and university representatives.
The HR Assistant will report directly to the Director of GME HR and serve as a member of the GME HR team; assigned to various, related projects.
- Attention to detail – Thorough in accomplishing tasks, no matter how small
- Adaptability and Flexibility – able to rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
- Exhibits collaborative spirit – works cooperatively with others and makes valuable contributions to the GME team
- Initiative/Self-Starter – Demonstrates ability to complete tasks independently
- Problem-solver – Finds creative solutions to challenges
- Stress Management – functions well under stress
- Time Management & Organization – capable of managing time and prioritizing daily responsibilities as well as long-term objectives
Salary: $28,000 – $33,000