Data Analytics Associate
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Data Analytics Associate position within the Information Technology Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
· Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
· A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
· Medical, dental, and vision options
· Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The primary focus of this position is to provide data analytics focused on meeting the needs of members of the President’s Cabinet, Provost’s Council and Strategic Planning Task Forces. The position requires the ability to synthesize currently available data and research, develop and analyze institutional data sets, and prepare data visualizations which blend research and data analysis findings in an interactive, consumable, and informative manner. The position requires an understanding of data sources and the ability to pull small data sets independently. This position requires a curiosity for current trends in higher education and the ability to creatively adapt research methods to a St. Thomas culture. The incumbent must be a self-starter, have the ability to identify areas of potential opportunity for research and analysis whose findings would inform the university community. The position requires the ability to use a multitude of software products which includes: SPSS, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, Salesforce and many others.
This position will need to become an expert on all data modules which include: HR, Finance, Student and Financial Aid. They will also be responsible for understanding and using external data sources.
1. Research – systematic investigation into and study of higher education materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions. This will include identifying current trends and developing insights into the higher education environment using qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research techniques, research topics may include student persistence and graduation, student finances, course offerings and modality, student registration behaviors, and much more.
2. Analytics – the discovery and communication of meaningful patterns in data which relies heavily on the simultaneous application of statistics, computer programming and research. This will include utilizing data mining techniques, running statistical analysis, and extracting data sets when needed. This will require understanding of data structures, data definitions, proper usage, and data validation. This will require the use of SPSS, Excel, or other similar programs
3. Data Visualization – an effort to help people understand the significance of data by placing it in a visual context. Special attention should be paid to the venue each project would best be visualized. This position will focus on data visualization in the form of interactive dashboard development. This will require the use of dashboard development tools such as Cognos, Tableau, Power BI, Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, and other visual software programs.
4. Dissemination and maintenance – the art of spreading the data visualization widely to those the information would inform and assist in decision making.
Three years of professional experience with database analysis, quantitative research, and survey development
Research/data analytics experience to include working knowledge of statistical analysis software
Must be proficient in complex data modeling, extraction, and manipulation as well as resolving data integrity issues
Technical experience to include proficiency with statistical analysis software packages, survey development software, and experience writing SQL to develop statistical reports
Master’s degree in computer science or a quantitative analysis field
Working knowledge of the most recent versions of Tableau, SPSS, Cognos, ODS, Salesforce and data marts as they apply to the higher education environment
Experience in higher education
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer