NOTE: This is an instructional support position. This is not a faculty position.
Under general supervision, to assist an instructor of diagnostic medical sonography in the preparation of instructional materials and in laboratory demonstrations; to operate and demonstrate specialized instruments and equipment, assist instructor in lab teaching of sonographic exams and to perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist in laboratory set up, including powering up equipment, retrieving transducers setting up equipment, dispensing equipment, observing students using equipment; assisting students while they perform sonographic exams, and assist teacher as needed.
* Set up specialized instruments, equipment, and demonstrations; maintain specialized instruments and equipment in good condition.
* Issue equipment and supplies to students (printer paper, gel, anatomical models, texts, etc.)
* Assist in the preparation of equipment and supplies budget.
* Consult with vendors regarding supplies, materials and equipment needs.
* Keep records and documentation on equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for the lab and determine where to obtain them when needed.
* Assist in planning and preparation of instructional technology.
* Assist in ordering supplies.
* Assist in grading, scoring and marking of tests from an answer key. Notify students of test results.
* Provide information on resources available to students.
* Demonstrate and maintain a check on safety procedures in the laboratory.
* Direct students in emergency procedures and observe/enforce shop, laboratory and student center rules.
* Demonstrate or describe the proper operation of equipment, instruments and supplies used in lab work.
* Make minor repairs and adjustments to laboratory related equipment.
* Perform general clerical duties related to the maintenance and efficiency of a laboratory/tutorial center and classrooms.
* Operate and instruct others in the use of instructional technology.
* Perform other related work as required such as errands on campus.