Student Success Center Advisor- WVU Beckley 11600
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV, is currently inviting applications for the position of Student Success Center Advisor:
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Advise all first-time freshman and transfer students in their intended program of study.
- Assist undeclared/general education students to identify a program of study.
- Provide timely, appropriate, and accurate information on all majors.
- Advise continuing students for the first three semesters of coursework.
- Develop matriculation plans and select appropriate classes for all SSC advisees.
- Interpret the University catalog for the purposes of advising.
- Follow SSC policies and procedures on: file reviews; documentation; confidentiality and data management.
- Advise students on academic probation and develop academic success plans when needed.
- Present students with alternative academic programs as appropriate and warranted.
- Assist students in analyzing and identifying solutions to academic and related problems.
- Identify campus resources for students to solve real and potential issues.
- Work collaboratively with the registrar’s office to ensure student success.
- Assist in academic intervention efforts.
- Use BANNER 9; Degree Works, Microsoft Office, Excel; and the world-wide web.
- Serve as a resource for advisors, faculty, students, administrators and staff campus-wide.
- Support student success initiatives.
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm occasional evening and weekend hours
Please apply at: https://hr.wvutech.edu/employment_opportunities
- Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 0-6 months experience working with college students.
- 0-6 months research and assessment experience.
- 0-6 months supervisor experience.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.