The incumbent will be responsible for providing expert level desktop support/administration for end user devices in a complex enterprise environment.
● Strong technical knowledge, exceptional customer service aptitude, and outstanding attention to detail.
● Provide advanced technical support for end user devices and technology including, but not limited to, computers, printers, mobile, network, and accounts/access.
● Demonstrate keen ability to troubleshoot/repair difficult technical issues on-site and under pressure.
● Routinely perform system installations, upgrades and assists customers with hardware and software assessments.
● Maintain ticket tracking information in Remedyforce
● Stay current with state-of-the-art technology.
● Assist with the development of desktop hardware and software configuration standards.
● Participate in the research and testing of new products and services.
All the duties listed below occur in a 24/7 environment, therefore, as part of your professional obligation, working extended hours, holidays, varied hours may be required.
UBIT’s mission is "to advance UB’s mission of excellence in research, teaching, and service through the innovative and effective use of Information Technology."
UBIT is a group of nearly 400 talented professionals throughout the university, working collaboratively to provide and support campus use of information technology to achieve academic and professional aspirations. UBIT is also committed to understanding the ever-changing needs of the campus community striving to partner and lead the evaluation, implementation, and operation of all IT services.
This is a great time to join the team at UB and with UB Information Technology. During the past four years, the VPCIO and UBIT have focused on modernizing the core IT infrastructure. These strategic enhancements have resulted in a world-class technology environment serving the Faculty, Students, and Administration at UB. In addition, the professional IT staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed with cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal.
Two years of technical experience in a desktop computing support role.
Degree in technical field preferred.