University of Idaho
College of Engineering
$18.09 per hour or higher commensurate with experience
The Department Manager reports to the Associate Chair of Computer Science in Coeur d' Alene (CdA) and is responsible for organizing and managing the academic, business, and financial systems for the CdA CS department according to UI policy and procedure. This person provides administrative and financial support to the Computer Science Chair, Associate Chair, faculty and department in both Moscow and CdA. Ensures that the department commitments for tenure and promotion actions, annual performance reviews, and position description preparations are met. Develops and maintains department budget system. Processes personnel action forms. Acts as a liaison between the department, UI administration, other colleges, departments, and programs. Acts as a liaison between the CdA CS office and visitors from the local industry and community. Coordinates and schedules meetings and video conference sessions between CdA and Moscow. Manages office operation by providing excellent customer service and organizational skills; prioritize work to provide efficient and professional service for the daily operations of the department; and functions with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and 4 years of experience with increasing responsibility in the area of departmental budgets and finance and academic policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents; reception; and researching, compiling and summarizing data for reports.
- Experience interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
- Good knowledge of financial record keeping methods.
- Experience researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports.
- Experience using computers to enter, retrieve, and edit financial data.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- Five or more years of administrative experience in an academic setting
- Experience with budgeting.
- Ability to understand basic technical work areas in order to disseminate accurate information; think critically; act independently; and exercise initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of UI policies/procedures and grants/contracts administration.
- Competence with Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
This position is open until filled. Applications received by July 31, 2018 will receive priority.
Required documents: resume and letter of qualification stating how you meet each of the minimum requirements and any of the preferred qualifications.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.