Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of technical duties in support of contract education and military programs including admissions, records, registration, outreach, transcript evaluation and/or degree plan functions; serve as a technical resource to students and education organizations regarding contract education, military programs, registration, admissions, records and related functions; prepare and maintain a variety of manual and automated records, reports and files in accordance with contract requirements.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Perform a variety of technical duties in support of contract education and military programs including admissions, records, registration, outreach, transcript evaluation and/or degree plan functions; coordinate admissions, records and evaluation service functions to meet program and student needs; assist in assuring related activities comply with established policies, procedures and contract requirements.
* Compile, assemble, verify and evaluate a variety of student, program and other data and information; prepare and maintain a variety of records, reports and files related to students, programs, enrollment, transcripts, admissions, applications, grades, registration, correspondence and assigned activities in accordance with established time lines and contract requirements.
* Serve as a technical resource to students, College personnel, outside agencies and others regarding contract education, military programs, registration, admissions, evaluations, and related functions; respond to inquiries and provide technical information concerning related services, forms, documents, fees, guidelines, requirements, processes, laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Evaluate transcripts to determine allowable credits and course equivalencies; verify courses, grades and credits; establish, maintain, distribute and update student files; process, verify and update student academic records and files with grades, transcripts, changes and other educational data and information; generate, duplicate and distribute academic records as requested.
* Input and update student admissions, registration, degree plans, and a variety of other data and information in an assigned computer system; coordinate the preparation of data for input; establish and maintain automated records and files; initiate queries, develop spreadsheets and generate computerized reports and documents; assure accuracy of input and output data.
* Prepare and develop program agreements for military students in accordance with established policies and guidelines; compose, prepare, type and distribute a variety of correspondence such as letters, lists, forms, degree charts and notices; review, revise, edit, format and proofread a variety of documents and information.
* Prepare, print, generate, distribute, receive, process and evaluate student records and registration, enrollment and various other forms, applications and related records and documents; review forms, applications and supporting documentation to assure accuracy and completeness; request additional student information and identify and correct application errors.
* Serve as a liaison and coordinate communications, information and services related to contract education and military programs and assigned functions between the College, students, other departments and programs, contractors, governmental organizations, outside agencies and the public; resolve related issues and conflicts in a proper and timely manner.
* Provide outreach services to facilitate and enhance student knowledge of and participation in contract education and military programs; attend education fairs and special events as assigned; compile, assemble and distribute outreach and informational materials regarding programs and services; prepare and deliver oral presentations.
* Assist military and other students with degree plans, evaluations, admissions and registration process; assist students with completing transcript requests, petitions, grade requests and other forms and applications; contact students, other departments and outside agencies to request and verify transcripts and information.
* Communicate with College personnel, students and various outside agencies to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns.
* Operate a variety of office equipment including a copier, fax machine, computer and assigned software.
* Refer students to other programs, services and College and community resources as appropriate; follow up on students to assure educational needs are being met.
* Research and maintain current knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures related to contract education and military programs.
* Provide technical assistance to supervisory and administrative staff in preparing specialized reports and resolving complex issues, problems and discrepancies as needed.
* Perform related duties as assigned.