This position reports to the Director of Undergraduate Advising and is accountable for providing academic advising services for undergraduate students.
Remaining consistent with Bryant University’s mission statement that, "The Bryant experience promotes academic excellence and cultivates the leadership skill, qualities of character, and diverse perspectives required to succeed…", academic advising provides students with an opportunity to build a relationship with their advisor for the purpose of planning their educational career; learning how to access campus resources and services available to them; and, empowering them to "claim their education".
Working within the philosophy of advising as teaching, professional academic advisors will:
- Experience working with International student populations including ESL and AEL populations.
- Partner with the First-Year Gateway Program to assist with student learning and transition.
- Support students in their pursuit of academic excellence, by developing an educational plan consistent with their life goals and objectives.
- Advise students on course selection and degree completion, in compliance with the Academic Standards of Progress.
- Provide students with strategies for utilizing the available resources and services on campus.
- Help students navigate university policies and procedures to ensure a broad understanding of academic expectations.
- Assist with academic planning for co-curricular opportunities such as internship and study abroad experiences.
- Work with students in determining their academic and career path through the MyPath@Bryant program.