Composes, develops, edits, updates feature articles and press releases for the College website and provide copy editing and proofreading of publications such as brochures, promotional materials, marketing materials and internet and intranet content accessed through existing web sites.
Distinguishing Career Features
The PT Social Media Assistant is considered part of a marketing, public information department/division. The PT Social Media Assistant requires the ability to prepare written material suitable for public view through internet, social media, and press releases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with the Director of Public Relations and Marketing to develop social media strategies and campaigns across a variety of platforms that promote student and community engagement.
* Collaborate with Director, to provide strategies on innovative ways to use social media platforms and digital content to tell stories that improve engagement, build community and drive awareness of the college's programs and student accomplishments.
* Assist with the development of a monthly social media content calendar that ensures all content is unique, relevant, engaging and cross-promoted on all relevant digital platforms.
* Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages student and community involvement.
* Assist with gathering statistical data to provide analytical metrics to assist with future social media campaigns and outreach efforts; Monitor effectiveness of campaigns and develop metrics to enhance social media presence and experience.
* Continually monitor and moderate all internal and external user generated content across all social media properties and provide accurate and timely responses to questions; Refer inquiries of unusual content to proper management representative for direction.
* Continually updates content to be current with District, college campus, and department needs, and re-evaluates presentation effectiveness and access to ensure optimum performance and compliance with the District and/or college's media strategy and standards.
* Provides support to, and assists in updating dynamic features of the college's social media presence and website including, but not limited to, academic and event calendars, special programs, and departmental pages.
* Receives direction from Director on social media campaigns for targeted audiences, and requirements for the written content.
* Stay current with new advances in social media marketing, best practices and the competitive landscape to identify potential challenges and opportunities in the short and long term.
* Provides input on web page and social media sites to enhance the "look and feel" for internal and outreach purposes. Integrates written and visual media onto web pages.
* Develops connections of written content to social networking resources, including those specifically developed for students and community members.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.