Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Web Application Developer
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
The University at Buffalo Libraries seek an energetic, knowledgeable, and technically capable Web Application Developer to provide programming expertise and support in exploring and implementing new and innovative library web-based delivery and management technologies and services. As a member of the Libraries’ technology team, you will support the Libraries’ growing development of customized web-based solutions for both patron facing and back-end administrative tools and help to develop the vision of how library systems and technology can be used to support the information and research needs of the University at Buffalo community. As an active member of the university’s IT community, you will collaborate with UB Information Technology staff to resolve persistent technical problems that arise in the Libraries and to request additional technology-related services.
- Work collaboratively with vendors, library systems staff, and other library staff to develop useful systems tools and refine workflows;
- Develop integration between library systems, other campus systems and cloud services;
- Analyze, specify and implement system improvements and processes;
- Keep abreast of developments in library technologies to maintain current awareness of information tools in order to meet the needs of students, faculty, staff, and community users of the University at Buffalo Libraries;
- Work with library systems staff and other library staff to develop IT solutions that support efficient and cost-effective workflows in the acquisition, cataloging, circulation, and lending/borrowing of library resources and collections;
- Provide programming and technical assistance in implementing new systems;
- Create, prepare, and analyze reports on systems activities.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We would like the Web Application Developer to have these minimum skills, abilities, and education:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education with the ability to support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment;
- Demonstrated experience building web sites using standard front-end technologies including HTML5 and CSS;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing database-driven Web applications using ASP and PHP;
- Ability to use APIs from a variety of sources and develop integrations between platforms;
- Experience with relational database systems including MySQL and Oracle;
- Experience with Linux and Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS);
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work on several overlapping projects simultaneously, work under pressure, and meet strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated skills to solve problems and build consensus with library constituents;
- Ability to learn new technologies when necessary;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate process and systems issues to stakeholders.
We would be excited to know if you also have the following preferred experience and educational background:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Science, or related field;
- Knowledge of Unix, VMware, server maintenance, and relational databases;
- Experience maintaining and supporting web-based services and library automated systems and resources, including but not limited to Aleph, Alma/Primo, EZProxy, and ILLiad;
- Experience working with API development;
- Basic understanding of RESTful API implementations and experience writing or parsing JSON;
- Basic understanding and familiarity with Content Management Systems;
- Experience developing and maintaining mobile web applications for iOS and Android platforms;
- Experience working in Microsoft SharePoint;
- Experience working in an academic environment.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |