Start Date: Spring 2018
Develop, promote, and coordinate all facets of Orange Coast College's women's basketball program. Assignment includes day, evening, and weekend duties.
Head Coach, Women's Basketball Responsibilities:
* Leading in all phases of coaching intercollegiate women's basketball at the community college level, including but not limited to the recruitment of quality college student-athletes; lead practice, competitions and games; enforce team policies and rules as well as college policies and rules, fundraising and community involvement.
* Recruiting, budget development and management, practice/game management, academic and social media supervision of student-athletes, public relations, and fundraising.
* The head coach is expected to perform all other job-related duties as assigned by the athletic director within the rules and regulations of the CCCAA, Orange Empire Conference, and Orange Coast College.
* May drive college vehicles or college leased vehicles to and from scheduled contests.
* Communicates with the Sports Information Director in a timely manner.
* Coordinates with Sports Medicine the care and reporting of incidents and injuries to the appropriate college and district personnel.
* Prepares a season summary and ensures student honors within conference, region and other athletic governing bodies are recommended and advocated.
* Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes.
* Maintain effective professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administrators, alumni and the general public with regularly scheduled media and public speaking engagements; develop community support for the program, and fundraising.
* Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and/or Dean.