Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
752-Soccer - Men
Villanova University, a Division I institution and member of the Big East conference, has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant Coach for men's soccer. Responsibilities include assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of the program including, but not limited to on field coaching, scouting opponents, recruiting, game day administration, academic monitoring of student athletes.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Administrative and Fiscal Management
- Assist the Head Coach with directing and supervising all activities relative to the training and skill development of student-athletes in preparation for competition.
- Provide technical skill instruction to aid in the development of student-athletes at practices; conduct individual training sessions with student-athletes geared at skill development.
- At the direction of the head coach, develop and execute practice plans that will prepare the team physically and mentally for competition.
- Assist in the preparation of team for games by contributing strategies and aiding in daily preparation of organized and effective practices.
- Prepare scouting reports on opponents in preparation for competition.
- Monitor student-athletes academic progress ensuring student athletes meet eligibility standards and advance towards a degree.
- Monitor and assist in the rehabilitation of injured student-athletes as directed by the Team Physicians and Sports Medicine staff.
- Coordinate with Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning staff to organize and monitor the physical conditioning of student-athletes.
NCAA Compliance Ensure program compliance with NCAA rules and regulations
- Aid in the direction and planning an organized, competitive and fiscally sound program.
- Coordinate with athletic travel liaison to ensure proper team travel arrangements are established in advance of travel.
- Coordinate the videotape exchange for the program, including the taping of games and select practices, dubbing, shipping and receiving of tapes.
- Coordinate with the Equipment Manager to fill all uniform and equipment needs for the program.
- Coordinate the completion and submission of expense reports.
- Responsible for the supervision and well-being of student-athletes while traveling for competition and/or training.
Recruiting Assist with managing the overall recruitment activities for the mens soccer program
- Responsible for performing all duties within the framework of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Schedule the appropriate department members to meet with student-athletes regarding NCAA compliance education and completion of paperwork.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of all the necessary NCAA compliance forms (i.e. practice logs, recruiting folders, official visit forms, etc.) and coordinating with compliance officer to meet with team regarding NCAA compliance education and completion of paper work.
- Monitor academics amongst student athletes, ensuring student-athletes progress in degree advancement and meet NCAA eligibility and University standards.
- Follow up on compliance issues and help guarantee minimum amount of issues.
Academics, Service, Marketing, Public Relations, and Development
- Evaluate talent and recruit prospective student-athletes who will be successful in the classroom and contribute positively to the mens soccer program and the University community.
- Communicate via phone, emails and letters, and conduct home visits with prospective student-athletes and parents.
- Plan and direct the scouting of prospective student-athletes including, but not limited to determining the recruiting events and competitions to attend and the prospective student-athletes to be evaluated.
- Conduct home visits with prospective student-athletes and parents.
- Manage on-campus official and unofficial visits of prospective student-athletes per University and NCAA policies.
- In concert with the head coach, determine the scholarship allocation of the mens soccer budget.
- Manage all of the compliance details related to the recruitment, eligibility and enrollment of student-athletes.
- Coordinate the application process for prospective student-athletes for admissions and financial aid.
- Monitor academics amongst student-athletes ensuring student-athletes progress in degree advancement and meet eligibility standards.
- Assist in the development of fund-raising events for the program within the framework of the university and departmental guidelines.
- Aid in marketing the program, the department, and the university to prospective student-athletes, alumni, and the community through positive interactions, results, and reputation.
- Reinforce the Villanova ideals of devotion to service by designing appropriate events for the team to give back to the community and serve others.
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree, previous coaching experience at the Division I level, and knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Understanding of budget issues and funds management. Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules, requirements, and expectations of universities, programs, coaching staffs, and athletes. Extensive knowledge of soccer.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as the abilities to pay close attention to details, interact effectively and appropriately with student athletes, and evaluate prospects.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- 3-5 years coaching experience at the collegiate level or comparable relevant professional experience.
Special Message to Applicants
- Significant weekend and evening hours.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15499
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |