Manager of Admissions Visits & Events
4 hours ago(10/19/2018 9:51 AM)
Number of Openings
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Who May Apply
This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Assigned Months per Year
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Manager of Admissions Visits & Events position within the Enrollment Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
· Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
· A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
· Medical, dental, and vision options
· Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Manager of Admissions Events and Visits has primary responsibility for strategic implementation of enrollment recruitment events both on-campus and off-campus. This role is also responsible for direct supervision of 100 paid student employees and 150 student volunteers. S/he works as a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership team to determine strategies, policies and procedures that directly impact: customers (internal and external), execution of a communication plan (including departmental scholarships/mailings), tracking and recording of visits statistics, and managing all technical systems, including the Salesforce CRM, pertaining to admissions events & campus visits. This person directly influences enrollment yield objectives and revenue at the University of St. Thomas.
1. Recruitment Events Lead & Implementation: Coordinate all aspects for more-than 16 large on and off-campus strategic recruitment events. These responsibilities are comprehensive and include communication, organization and evaluation of events. The execution of these events requires collaboration with departments from across campus including staff, alumni, faculty, catering, facilities and technology support teams. The Manager of Admissions Visits & Events will serve as project managers for all related event activities. They will compose and test on-line registration processes and manage web applications advising technical staff on best practices to meet guest expectations. Must also track and make decisions based on the visit and events budget for the fiscal year.
2. Supervision of Students: Supervise, Train and hire admissions interns, 100+ paid tour guides and 150+ Tommie Ambassador student volunteers. Since these students have daily contact with prospective students and their families, they must be innovatively trained and supervised; this position is responsible for the daily direction, performance assessment and continued professional development of these students.
3. Marketing & Communication Management: The Manager of Admissions Visits & Events will be responsible for marketing events by writing copy, contributing to design, editing and final approval of communication initiatives. This involves creative strategy, detailed management and logistical experience for marketing plans.
4. Enrollment Strategic Team Participation: This position will contribute to department teams including management groups where decisions affecting academic profile and headcount are evaluated. S/he will develop new initiatives that closely align with the university’s strategic plan. Develop and implement visit and event strategies that align with the university’s desire to increase its national recruitment footprint.
5. Visit Analytics & Insights: Oversee the visit and event statistics and reports. This includes collection of data, analysis of data and recommended new initiatives and ideas to continue to develop the visit and event processes.
Five years of direct admissions or equivalent professional experience
Experience managing/coordinating events preferred
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer