Occupational Therapy Assistant
Posting Closing Date:
February 23, 2019
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The works involves performing administrative and support services that require considerable
knowledge of college administrative support procedures in the performance of administrative work as
assigned. Nature of the work performed requires independent judgment in the application of
established procedures and methods. Supervision may be exercised over lower level
employees. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Assists in the scheduling and rental of College facilities to both the public and College
- personnel, clubs and associations;
- Works with higher-level employee in the completion of the administrative/clerical tasks to
- support the budget process;
- Maintains Departmental financial, payroll and other records throughout the course of the year;
- Assists in the travel and accommodation arrangements for Departmental personnel;
- Performs day to day activities associated with running an office for the Department and
- monitors the functions and operations of the department’s office, including departments under
- their supervision;
- Maintains liaison with various outside agencies such as local newspapers and media, and/or
- other college notables as needed;
- Acts as a designated representative of Supervisor at meetings he/she cannot attend and
- records minutes of various meetings involving the operation of the Department and College;
- Assists in the planning of events and manages space or event conflicts;
- Performs secretarial functions such as preparing correspondence, record keeping, filing and
- providing information to the public and college personnel as needed;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusive
and diverse learning environment. Good knowledge of the College administrative procedures, rules,
regulations, programs and College facilities; good knowledge of record keeping and budget process;
ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and community; ability to prepare written reports;
ability to effectively organize various college events and activities, excellent organizational skills;
creativity, dependability; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or
without reasonable accommodation. Should be computer savvy, proficient in all Microsoft/Excel, maintaining
outlook calendar. Knowledge of Informer, Ellucian helpful. Student oriented/Student first. Must have excellent
verbal and written communication skills. Must be motivated, self-driven, a thinker, detail oriented, able to
prioritize and work autonomously
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and three years of
office experience, and at least two of which include familiarity with College procedures (Academic,
Student Services and/or Administration).
This is a provisional civil service appointment, which means the successful candidate will be required to take the next available civil service exam for this job title and achieve a "reachable" exam score.
This position is shared between OTA and Humanities Departments.. OTA Department is an accredited health-science program with specific accreditation needs. Both OTA and Humanities require assistance in event planning, advisement, budgeting and requisitions.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At SUNY Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 851-1840 with any questions.