The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Communications Coordinator position within University Development & Alumni Relations.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
· Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
· A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
· Medical, dental, and vision options
· Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
JOB SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications Strategy, the specialist assists University Development and Alumni RelationUDARUDAR), in leveraging strategic communications to better serve our constituent population.
1. Electronic communications: Create technical layout and manage distribution UDAR electronic communications; draft review and approval process, generate online surveys.
2. Social media: Collaborate with Associate Director of Communications Strategy to establish strategic direction for social media useUDAR social profiles. Providing leadershipUDAR social media efforts and serving as UDAR’s contact for large, university-wide social media initiatives. Applying social media strategies and trends to general alumni communication. Guide UDAR project managers on use of social media campaigns. Creating targeted outcomes and monitoring social media metrics and reports.
3. Graphic design for funding proposals, event promotion materials, other collateral as appropriate.
4. Editorial content calendar development and maintenance; project tracking.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
Three years of experience in social media, digital marketing, or constituent relations
Must be able to conceive innovative marketing strategies and materials
Experience with non-profits or higher education
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer