Reporting to the Director of Continuing Education at Lehman College, the Continuing Education Specialist will perform these additional duties:
- Work in close collaboration with the instructional team to ensure all aspects of classroom program planning, implementation, and evaluations are within the guidelines of the school’s philosophy. Provide advice in educational programming such as English Language Arts, Math improvement, SAT preparation, and Test prep for NYC Specialized High School. Regularly attend training/conferences and read journals to keep abreast of current developments in the area. Be a conduit in bringing information to the Director and Administrative Team.
- Submit required paperwork and certifications to NYC Department of Health to obtain a permit required for operating the Summer Camp legally in compliance with the State Sanitary Code requirements. Work in coordination with the Director of Cont. Ed to hire, train, mentor and supervise all instructional staff in Summer Camp for children. Recruit and interview for various camp staff. Provide orientation for new staff members. Ensure efficient scheduling to maintain required staff/child ratios. Ensure that the physical facilities are safe and that supervision is adequate during Summer Camp inspections by DOH and other NY state, city, or county departments. Provide ongoing mentoring to instructional staff. Schedule and document regular staff meetings.
- Oversee activities related to administration of TASC placement/exam (formerly GED) offered twice a month from February to December. Submit an RFP to NYSED to qualify as an official TASC testing site. Supervise administration of TASC exam.
- Hire and supervise qualified staff for Cont. Ed swimming classes. Ensure classroom enrollment meets minimum requirement, assignment revisions are reported to the right source, communicate with the instructional team via email and telephone, and keep accurate track of classes offered for each semester.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required.
- Demonstrated satisfactory qualities of personality and character and ability to work with others for the good of the institution
- At least four years of experience in one or more areas of higher education, personal enrichment, and programs for children/teens and be sufficiently adaptable to apply such experience to the field in which his/her responsibility will lie
- Show definite potential for significant achievement and growth in the area to which he/she is assigned
- Demonstrated proficiency at an intermediate level using standard office software applications, including Microsoft Office/Excel
- Expertise in assigned discipline and/or assigned area of curriculum
- Expertise in program management of workforce development
- Expertise in program/needs assessment
- Expertise in research and evaluation techniques
- Skills in management, budgeting and problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking
- Supervisory skills
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers Continuing Education and related external programs, assisting with program design, marketing, operations, and evaluation.
- Assists in developing programs and courses, analyzing course data and identifying opportunities for new and expanded course offerings
- Develops related marketing strategies, policies, and procedures and disseminates them to students, teachers, and administrators.
- Supervises operations such as registrar, bursar, data collection, and payment functions
- Designs outreach materials, web sites, catalogues, and other marketing vehicles; conducts marketing events
- Assists in the hiring and administration of program coordinators and instructors.
- Assists in collecting and analyzing course evaluation and customer retention data.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Specialist
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.
Review of CVs will begin February 6, 2017.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.