Report Writer and Gift Processor, Advancement
Depends on Qualifications
CA 94556, CA
4/17/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, this position will serve as the primary report writer for the Office of Advancement using a variety of reporting systems and query builder tools. They will design business processes and database enhancements to make the tracking and reporting of advancement data more efficient. This position will also contribute to the overall accuracy of the College's Donor and Fundraising database. The Report Writer and Gift Processor will perform extensive data entry and assist in the accurate maintenance of highly confidential demographic and financial information of alumni, parents and friends of the College. The candidate will display superior attention to detail, a passion for analytics, flexibility, the ability to multi-task and will be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office products.
- Pull data lists from report query builder tools to facilitate fundraising requests. Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and design ad hoc, custom and canned reports for the Office of Advancement using a variety of query builder tools. Manipulate data from primary or secondary data sources to produce complex reports and data sets; filter and clean data, streamlining data to eliminate duplication of efforts and manual data manipulation. Ability to exercise judgment to ensure accuracy of information
- Acts as first line of back-up to other gift processor team members to perform all phases of gift processing procedures and when needed, act as backup on complex gift entry functions.
Follow multi-step procedures to accurately code and data enter all types of gifts received by the College and can recognize any gift processing problems, write-up gift adjustments forms and convey issues to appropriate staff member.
- Accurately enter data into database of record, Ellucian's Colleague Advancement software. Recognize any data entry errors and any other type of inaccurate information and can correct and/or convey the issue to the Director or other appropriate staff members.
Assist with researching of individual's and corporation's address and telephone information through the Internet and various printed materials. Filing, photocopying and distributing confidential information and reports as needed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Primary back up for maintenance of all pledges, production of monthly pledge reminder report and entering and scheduling on-line pledges and payments and insuring payments are made on schedule. Assist Gift Officers with pledge audit reports.
- Process and maintain all corporate matching gift forms received by the College and regularly audit anticipated matches and follow-up with company/foundations.
- Using MS Word and Excel complete merges and produce error free acknowledgement letters and pledge reminder letters. This includes production of additional correspondence and mailing labels. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Degree
1-3 years direct database work and general office work plus college degree or 3-5 years direct database work and general office experience.
Preferred: experience with relational database management and/or Development Office experience
Proven technical knowledge of specialized software packages, database management, word processing and Excel. Ability to follow instructions and document work progress. Demonstrate professionalism, especially when communicating with donors and internal clients. Experience with Ellucian's Colleague highly desirable. Advanced knowledge of both Windows and Network based environments expected.
Ability to exercise judgment to ensure accuracy of information. Ability to determine priorities of assigned responsibilities and to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously. Work cooperatively in a team environment and ability to interact professionally and collegially with a diverse group of staff, alumni and students. Attention to detail and ability to work independently. Excellent typing, proofreading and organizational skills. Ability to understand basic accounting procedures. Know and follow policies regarding confidentiality of records.
Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
- Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
- A resume
- The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0
. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.