Under supervision to maintain swap meet and adjacent grounds.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
* Maintain grounds; ensuring that swap meet lanes, parking lot, lawns, and related spaces are free of litter and dumpsters are collected and returned to the maintenance yard.
* Ensure the set up and return of equipment to appropriate storage areas.
* Walk the aisles of the Swap Meet on a regular basis (hourly); make sure aisles are clear of clutter, dangerous materials, and vendor overcrowding.
* Communicate clearly with a variety of community members, staff, and patrons.
* Assist with Vendor/Seller verification of assigned lease space; no subleasing, vendor product sold is contained within assigned space only, product sold has been approved by Swap Meet contract; safety guidelines have been followed (no more than 25# per pole) in booth set up..
* Attend morning meetings/briefings prior to the opening of the Swap Meet operation to vendors and customers.
* Prepare the assigned parking lots for the Swap Meet by making sure cars are out of area; monitor entrance gates and assisting with traffic flow.
* Put up signs, banners,cones, trash cans, and barrels throughout Swap Meet, as directed..
* Work with Campus Security to ensure customer/vendor parking is in compliance with the campus swap meet parking guidelines; monitor traffic patterns and back up.
* Patrol the aisles of the Swap Meet picking up trash. Change out the bags and place them in an unobtrusive place within the driving lanes.
* Secure cleaned carts and Swap Meet materials at the end of the day.
* Report situations needing attention via the Swap Meet radios.
* Be available for customers, vendors, and/or Swap Meet employees if assistance is needed.
* Assist with maintenance and cleaning of swap meet areas of trash (keeping trash receptacles lined and emptied; cleaning and maintenance of restrooms).
* Be available to replace other Swap Meet staff if needed for breaks.
* May oversee the work of volunteers.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.