The University at Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center (EOC), is seeking applications for a Staff Assistant position in its Administrative Services Unit. This position will provide assistance with the HR process, have a supporting role in the management of the Conference Center, provide support as needed to IT and maintenance staff, serve as liaison to the Administrative Support Staff and all other Units of the EOC, as well as assist in creating and maintaining budgets and making purchases on behalf of the Educational Opportunity Center.
This person will play a vital role in the efficiency of the Educational Opportunity Center. The summary of duties and responsibilities the incumbent will undertake shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports the Director of Budget and Administrative Services by scheduling appointments, meetings, plans/develop agenda’s, coordinate travel, assist with weather related closings
- Responsible for the new hire appointment process for salaried and unsalaried faculty and staff
- Prepares new employee hire onboarding package
- Responsible for coordinating employees reappointment process
- Responsible for requesting parking passes in center lot
- Organization and tracking of budgetary progress and review
- Research and design ways to create a more cost efficient EOC environment
- Manage and coordinate special projects related to the Business Affairs office of the EOC. This would include meetings with EOC Partners and the VITA program
- Responsible for supervising interns at EOC as well as student employees
- Purchasing responsibilities include providing quotes, initiating orders
- Provide administrative support at EOC events outside of traditional work hours
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An associate’s degree and experience in an office environment; and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, understanding of financial concepts. Two years of experience related to the essential duties in an office environment. Must be able to effectively communicate with staff, students & external vendors.
Experience in using University at Buffalo systems essential to the position, i.e.: ePTF, eReq, EMS Scheduling System, UB Jobs, SIRI, and the RF report center. Experience in supporting multiple funding sources: State, UBF & Research Foundation.