Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Executive Assistant, Office of the Dean, College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences
The Executive Assistant to the Dean will provide organizational and administrative support of a confidential nature to the Office of the Dean. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Executive Assistant will act as liaison with internal colleagues and external partners while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. This position requires keen interpersonal skills, exceptional judgment to facilitate collaboration and communication among diverse groups, and the ability to proactively solve problems and/or independently handle issues.
This highly visible role is critical to the function and success of the College of Natural, Behavioral, and Health Sciences, Office of Dean. The Executive Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for the Dean's Office and will support both academic and individual calendar coordination, event and meeting preparation, data maintenance, and routine day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will: maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain and enhance professional/job competency.
Calendar Coordination & Meeting Coordination
Administrative Operations & Projects
- Coordinate both academic and individual calendars for Dean, using sound judgment to prioritize and commit leadership time for meetings, appointments and travel based on an in-depth understanding of the Office's priorities and needs;
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls for the Office as well as College-wide faculty, staff, student meetings;
- Coordinate meeting logistics including location reservations, catering and equipment;
- Prepare meeting materials and presentations;
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas;
- Attend meetings and manage meeting minutes as requested by the Dean and Director of Operations.
- Organize and maintain the workings of the Office of the Dean, including but not limited to, processing of expense reports and credit card statements; verifying receipts; ordering supplies, record and database maintenance requests and basic bookkeeping;
- Prepare information and materials as needed for orders, programs, projects and other College commitments, including faculty, visitor, and speaker, reimbursements, honorarium payments, and trainings;
- Coordinate the Dean's Office events and related programs;
- Provide administrative support for faculty searches and for the annual faculty review processes;
- Support other academic operational activities, which may include support of analysis and/or reporting of faculty and student data; assisting in reporting to external entities, including accreditation, licensure, and certification; and others;
- Assist the Operations Director with operational support;
- Work on discrete projects, providing project coordination, documentation, and support;
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Office of the Dean for internal and external constituencies;
- Maintain accurate contact lists;
- Coordinate communications from Office of the Dean to internal and external constituents;
- Respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries in a timely, professional and respectful manner, while making autonomous, accurate, and swift judgments to triage all types of inquiries;
- Responsible for sorting and distributing incoming correspondence, including mail, faxes, and email;
- May assist draft and/or proofread emails, letters, reports, or other documents and correspondence as needed.
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Intermediate proficiency with Adobe Suites;
- Advanced proficiency with Google suite
- Three to five years of professional experience; administrative or executive assistant experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations within an organization;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Experience with accounting practices for budgetary responsibilities;
- Prior experience in higher education administration a plus but not required.
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This is a 40 hour work week position Monday through Friday.
Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Executive-Assistant--Office-of-the-Dean--College-of-Natural--Behavioral--and-Health-Sciences_R05528
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |