Student Support Specialist (Grant FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Provide students enrolled in career programs of study with academic information. Maintain contact with assigned Career Program students and refer to other offices when appropriate.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 16, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
This is a grant-funded full-time position with benefits.
Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed.
: North Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years direct experience with students in a post-secondary education institution. Must have strong written and oral communication skills and organization skills.
1. Consult with faculty, counselors, staff and administration in the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate services and programs designed to address student needs.
2. Coordinate with campuses to develop and provide academic assistance for students.
3. Keep accurate records and statistical data.
4. Prepare and submit reports, as requested.
5. Work with students enrolled in career program codes to provide academic support and assistance, including program planning, information giving and assistance completing forms.
6. Coordinate Early Intervention system for career program students.
7. Monitor career program students from first semester at CCAC through graduation and initiate intervention when needed.
8. Act as a liaison with Career Services, Counseling, Financial Aid, Supportive Services, Advisement and the Learning Center for career program students.
9. Maintain record of Career Program student contacts using Perkins database and assist in developing tracking mechanisms.
10. Provide facilitated study, workshops, support and/or other academic assistance to appropriate career program student groups.
11. Market services to Career Program students through classroom presentations, mailings and other means of communications.
12. Ability to travel to campuses, college centers and off campus locations may be necessary.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com
. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.