Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Support VI - President's Office
Utah Valley University
: Staff - Full-Time
Reporting to the Chief of Staff and under minimal supervision, the Administrative Support VI - President's Office will: provide accurate, complex and highly confidential administrative and secretarial support to the president of the University; maintain presidential scheduling; provide direct interaction with internal and external constituencies; prepare travel and routine mailings; perform complex office duties; and represent the tone of the president's office to internal and external constituencies with the highest degree of professionalism and courtesy. The Administrative Assistant is expected to keep the highest levels of confidentiality in all aspects of his/her work.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree and three years of experience directly related to the summary of duties or any combination of education or experience directly related to the summary of duties totaling a minimum of seven years is required. High level secretarial, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret institutional policies, procedures and operations.
- High level knowledge and ability to perform complex office operations using various software applications (preferably, Office 365 suiteWord, PPT, Excel, Power BI, OneNote, etc.)
- Skills in organization, database management and coordination.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven track record in maintaining absolute confidentiality with regards to administrative and personnel matters encountered in the course of day-to-day work, and on all highly sensitive information related to the presidents office.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and make decisions reflecting a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion.
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with people of diverse backgrounds in a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret inquiries and problems and direct them to proper resources.
- Ability to perform duties with little or no supervision.
- Ability to learn, adapt to new systems and situations, and innovate to manage new complexities.
- An optimistic and positive approach.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Excellent references.
General office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
STA154218 President Department Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before the review start date. The advertisement is subject to close at any time.
Please include three business references in the references section of the application.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12124
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |