***THIS POSITION WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED.***
Under the administrative leadership of the Director of Student Health Center, the psychologist is responsible for facilitating the physical and emotional well-being of students, thereby improving retention and academic success.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assess students in mental health crisis. Provide effective and rapid intervention with students in mental health crisis and act as a consultant to instructional faculty and staff when confronted with such crises. Provide resources on campus related to crisis intervention.
* Provide short-term, brief counseling services to students and assist students in problem resolution, including: crisis intervention, assessment, planning and implementation of his/her immediate and long term clinical goals.
* Serve as a college resource on issues of mental health and as a referral resource to the local mental health community.
* Assist the Director of the Student Health Center with planning student health programs to respond to identified needs; implement new need-based programs and monitor existing programs for effectiveness, applicability, and safety through ongoing quality improvement and program review activities.
* Provide referrals to students for college and community support services to resolve psychosocial stressors; refer students to appropriate internal and/or external healthcare providers as necessary. Educate students and staff regarding effective coping skills to minimize emotional stress.
* Assist the physician and nurses with students' mental health needs as applicable; follow professional protocols for licensed psychologists as stipulated by the Board of Psychology.
* Ensure confidentiality is maintained as stated by law; and maintain complete, official, confidential mental health records for the Student Health Center as required by District policy and administrative procedures and submit them in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Follow and ensure department regulations concerning the proper use, care, and security of college equipment and District property are met in accordance with established policy and procedures; advise administration of unsafe conditions or potential hazards and recommend solutions.