Facilities Maintenance II - Locksmith
: Staff - Full-Time
Performs locksmith work requiring expertise in installing, maintaining, and repairing different types of building locks including cylindrical, unit, mortise and rim, and reload cylinders. Replaces and repairs panic hardware, door closures, ADA openers, locks on desks, file cabinets, display cases, and similar containers. The Locksmith cuts new or replacement keys, picks locks for which keys have been lost or broken, and makes repairs of locks as required under emergency conditions. The Locksmith also maintains an adequate and appropriate stock of locksmith supplies and equipment, monitors and reports maintenance issues needing attention to the appropriate authority, and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Graduated with a standard high school diploma or the equivalent plus one to three years of experience related to key roles and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic door hardware and master keying systems.
- Knowledge of master keying systems and asset tracking.
- Knowledge of Lenel software preferred.
- Knowledge of Sargent hardware and keying systems preferred.
- Knowledge of low voltage power supplies, relays, and wire circuits.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possesses color acuity required to identify color-coded technical and electronic circuitry and wiring.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to pull/fish wire through conduit and cable trays.
- Skilled in safe use of hand and all power tools applicable to the trade.
- Strong verbal communication skills to deliver quality customer service with internal clients.
- Manual dexterity and ability to bend, stretch, climb ladders, and lift.
Graduation with a standard high school diploma or the equivalent AND 3-5 years experience related to key roles and responsibilities.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$30,052 to $37,565
STA149518 Facilities Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of one reference. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/11967
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.