You will be responsible for overseeing a wide range of operational functions for the Office of Government and Community Relations. The majority of the work is focused on serving as a liaison to external partners on behalf of the Office of Community Relations. The position requires accommodation of changing priorities, exercising flexibility and judgment. The nature of the issues the incumbent works with and the publics the incumbent deals with require that this individual be discreet, diplomatic, and sensitive to confidentiality.
- Manage community based initiatives and programs including the development and oversight of new programs, as well as provide active support for daily activities and operations of current programs and strengthen relationships within other departments throughout the University by offering more opportunity to collaborate on community programs/initiatives.
- Attend community meetings to collaborate and communicate with external constituencies.
- Serve as a liaison to external partners on behalf of the Office of Community Relations.
- Assist in efforts that enhance the university’s public image as an engaged and committed community stakeholder.
- Assist with the administrative operations of the Office of Community Relations, including management of information flow, communications, technology, and assistance with budget.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the Director of Government Relations and Director of Community Relations/Deputy Director of State Relations.
- Discharge other duties as identified and needed to fulfill the mission of the Government and Community Relations office.
- Reports directly to the Director of Community Relations/Deputy Director of State Relations.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Experience in community or government relations, nonprofit community, or related field required.
- Related administrative experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical to this position.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and make decisions in a timely and effective manner.
Experience in a college/university or executive level administrative environment preferred