Plans, prioritizes, supervises, performs, and reviews specialized tasks in connection with the admission, registration, records, academic progress and success, and status of students. Establishes standards, assigns, and supervises the work of staff at a large, high volume college, including special processes for peak periods of student customer service activity.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Manager of Enrollment Services is an exempt, first-line working manager responsible for day-to-day leadership and performance management of staff. Advancement to Manager is by appointment requires a demonstrated ability to direct and perform in all admissions and records functions that include, but are not limited to admissions, registration, residency, foreign student, student status, academic progress, transcripts, graduation, and attendance. The Manager also provides direct leadership over systems and upgrading projects and services such as student data management, microfilming, and archiving records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in the activities connected with student enrollment and reviews of admissions applications. Assures that customer service stations are setup and students and staff can access on-line and manual database records and resources.
* Supervises the maintenance, evaluation, and certification of student records so they are suitable for transfer to other educational institutions, for athletic eligibility, selective service deferments, and eligibility for benefits from other agencies and programs.
* Provides technical direction and information on issues pertaining to interpretation of admissions and student record guidelines and policies.
* Researches, interprets, clarifies, and adjudicates a variety of problems dealing with, but not limited to, admissions, registration, matriculation, residency, student academic status, course class conflicts, and fees.
* Conducts quality reviews student admissions applications for completeness and to determine questionnaires and correspondence to be sent to applicants.
* Oversees and evaluates residency documents submitted by students to evidence bona fide residence and authenticity. Determines difficult residency issues as they relate to student admissions, including challenges, exemptions, and evaluation of circumstances.
* Responds to and resolves inquiries pertaining to admission and registration requirements and procedures, including those from other Technicians requiring special expertise and managerial authority.
* Extracts and downloads information to prepare internal and externally mandated reports, and audit accuracy of student and enrollment data.
* Supervises verification of class enrollment status for students and faculty members. Interacts with students and other staff members to accept and facilitate transactions such as, but not limited to, student petitions, as appropriate.
* Prepares, recommends, and implements approved updates to operating procedures, process documentation, and best practices that enhance work efficiency.
* Assists the Director in preparation of budget proposals and related cost estimates. Monitors and controls expenditures from approved budgets.
* Supervises and participates in special events such as outreach, new student orientation, and graduation. Serves on, or supports College and/or District committees.
* Consults with faculty members and other staff about processes and issues relating to student enrollment and academic status.
* Sets up checks and balances to verify and reconcile revenue categories on financial summary reports, ensuring accuracy and detail for audit trail purposes.
* Approves student requests for course audit units, academic renewal, credit by challenge and examination, course repetition, credit/no credit grades, and high school concurrent enrollment.
* Participates in the selection, training, assignment, and review of work output for staff, student, and temporary help. Conducts in-service training, performance reviews, and first step grievance processes.
* Maintains up-to-date of knowledge of programs, services, policies and procedures for admissions, registration, and student records. Provides information to potential service users, including topics such as assessment, matriculation, graduation, and transfer.
* Establishes and maintains liaison with other two-and-four year colleges, professional organizations, and outside agencies.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.