The Registrar’s office at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) is pleased to announce an opening for an Assistant Registrar.
Located in the heart of Providence, the RISD Registrar’s office provides quality service to students and faculty by administering academic policy and safeguarding the integrity of the institution’s academic records and degrees. Under the leadership of the Registrar, this well-utilized, fast-paced office serves as an essential partner in the institutional vision united in promoting academic excellence.
Join the Registrar team in transitioning to a more strategic, data-driven office focused on the future and committed to serving students in the realm of an art and design education. The Registrar’s office implements, automates, and takes advantage of new technologies and solutions to utilize best practice and optimize service to campus constituents.
Along with having previous experience in an established Registrar’s office, the ideal candidate will be a team player who is comfortable utilizing new technologies, takes pride in their attention to detail and organization skills, communicates clearly and effectively, is able to work independently and multi-task, and possesses a "can-do" spirit regarding innovative solutions and new opportunities.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Organize the work-flow and set up of registrar-related operations in the student information system (SIS) database including, but not limited to: registration, grading, and beginning/end of semester processing. (Performed with a demonstrated understanding of registrar-related office policies and procedures.)
- Manage the student leave process and workflow regarding various absences, withdrawals, and readmissions.
- Monitor and maintain the content on the Registrar’s office website.
- Serve as the school’s Veterans Affairs Certifying Official.
- Advise and communicate with faculty, staff, and students; troubleshoot and solve moderately complex registrar-related situations. Support the Academic Standing Committee. Foster and maintain strong working relationships with campus colleagues.
- Monitor, test, and improve student information system efficiencies and new technologies/implementations to enhance and streamline office procedures.
- Write and run database queries. Perform data checks for enrollment processing, major selection, census reporting, midterm/final grading, academic standing, and related items.
- Research, recommend, and implement approved procedures; create and deliver corresponding documentation and trainings.