Under the direction of the Dean of Counseling, the Division Area Office Coordinator performs a variety of technical and administrative support duties for college's Counseling division. Coordinates and performs administrative projects within the division. Coordinates information and work flow and support activities for the division and related assigned functions, projects, and programs.
Distinguishing Career Features:
The Division Area Office Coordinator is part of a multi-level career path encompassing administrative support. The Division Area Office Coordinator is a working team leader that oversees and participates in office operations including student transactions, monitoring faculty assignments and loads, and monitoring division budgets on behalf of the Dean. The position requires substantial knowledge of administrative procedures and precedents for academic and career departments, the ability to organize work, information flow, and perform duties in support of the office and its dealings with other work teams and organizations. The Division Area Office Coordinator may also assist in curriculum processes, and development schedules and sequence required reporting and other time sensitive activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Organizes, balances, prioritizes, performs, and may assign administrative support duties, anticipating business and academic calendars and cycles, assessing available staffing and recommending additions or adjustments. Establishes and tracks time lines for projects, activities, and required submissions.
* Provides administrative support to special processes such as, but not limited to departmental, curriculum, and other instructional committees. Prepares forms, revisions, and final documents to support proceedings.
* Interprets and conveys policies and procedures, referring extremely difficult or sensitive matters to the appropriate administrator.
* Prepares, edits, and inputs information that supports publication of class schedules. Coordinates and participates in compiling information requests on behalf of other organizational units responsible for class schedule production processes.
* Creates, verifies, edits, and distributes faculty loading records. Monitors, records, and reviews adjunct faculty loading records with administrator for approval and compliance with work limits. Verifies and calculates full and part-time faculty overload and forwards information to faculty load specialists.
* Monitors class enrollment, recommending necessary additions or cancellations, and entering corrected data into databases. Processes forms with changes to master class schedules. Notify students of cancelled canceled classes.
* Provides support to faculty and staff performance evaluation processes by coordinating and scheduling meetings, and transcribing confidential evaluations.
* May provide administrative support to special processes such as, but not limited to curriculum and education requirements committees, advisory boards, and special interest group meetings. Prepares forms, revisions, and final documents to support proceedings.
* Takes meeting notes and transcribes recollections. Composes from rough drafts or verbal instructions a variety of materials such as letters, memoranda, reports and statistical data. Maintains committee records and assists in preparing divisional reports by gathering and summarizing information from a variety of sources.
* Schedules appointments and arranges meetings for the Dean, Director, and department chairs. Prepares schedules and informs participants, confirming dates and times. May make hotel, conference, and travel reservations.
* May initiate and prepare board agenda items, agreements, and contracts for services and facilities used by and/or provided by the division. Processes contract documents and sets up internal routines for monitoring performance.
* Performs special projects as assigned. Conducts research of libraries, business transactions, official proceedings, employee and student records, industry statistics, and trends, etc., to compile reports for administration or to regulatory or governing agencies.
* Receives, handles, and stores confidential information pertaining to the College or assigned division. Maintains confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
* Records, verifies, codes, and processes payroll information for faculty, staff, and student or temporary help, including information for stipends, overload, and other compensable elements. Processes contracts for outside contractors.
* Assists with development of organizational unit budget proposals, maintaining communications with work sections on status and information needs. Maintains approved budgets and transaction records, including those for special projects and funds.
* Reconciles expenditures and initiates reassignment of budgeted funds to and from various accounts, coordinating with accounting staff to assure compliance.
* Prepares, processes, and codes requisitions and claims for reimbursement. Resolve purchase order and contractual matters with vendors and other service providers.
* Trains, assigns, prioritizes, and reviews work of other staff, student and temporary help.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.