The President’s Office at RISD seeks an administrative professional as the Executive Assistant. Join our vibrant, diverse RISD community where the environment will encourage your understanding and fluency in contemporary culture, art and design. As a critical team member, the ideal candidate finds reward in solving complicated tasks in a fast-paced environment and working as a member of a dynamic team. They will practice sound judgment, possess keen attention to detail, have strong writing skills, and the ability to maintain composure under pressure. It will be important that the selected individual help foster an inclusive community with strong cultural competence.
The Executive Assistant in the President’s Office will:
· Provide executive-level administrative support and assistance by independently examining and evaluating potential possibilities and deciding course of action based on examination.
· Oversee day-to-day activities and operations within the complex, politically sensitive environment of the President’s Office.
· Manage and coordinates the President’s dynamic calendar and travel logistics, recording and following up on action items that result.
· Respond to all phone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries and ensures that all items of significance are appropriately sequenced, reported, routed, delegated and answered in a timely and comprehensive manner.
· Ensure Presidential correspondence and important documents are archived within College guidelines.
· Track incoming and outgoing mail, manages office supplies and inventory, oversee monthly credit card reconciliation, filing, planning and executing logistics for a wide variety of meetings and projects in the President’s Office and affiliate offices.