Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
- Develop reporting solutions for department areas based on university needs.
- Clear understanding of data dimensional models and big data practices.
- Knowledge of data visualization best practices and techniques.
- Ability to write SQL.
- Ability to conceptualized and guide other developers in data visualizations techniques.
- Ability to compose metrics/measures in the pursuance of institutional KPI’s.
- Develop new dashboards within existing systems pulling data from multiple sources, communicating data points / KPIs allowing for action to be taken.
- Assist and improve data gathering process and ensuring data quality is met. Create dashboards and reports to communicate data points allowing for action to be taken.
- Gather and analyze and clean data from multiple sources, including in-house data warehouse.
- Develop improved methods and recommendations for BI development across all functions throughout the University.
- Analyze data to discover and interpret trends, patterns and relationships and present visualizations for senior leadership to take action.
Relationship Management required skills:
- Ability to learn and understand current and future client requirements as well as prioritize, articulate and present such requirements to the customer and the technology team. Furthermore, the selectee shall have the ability of translating functional requirements into technology requirements and matching those to the existing stack.
- Ability to easily engage others in dialogue across the university, convey sincere interest in building/deepening relationships and demonstrate a commitment to providing personalized service.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others to achieve shared goals across various university functions.
- Clear understanding of recruitment/admissions, enrollment management, student services, institutional data and other areas of the university as needed for enhanced analytics and to provide value to customers and technology team.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems independently or escalate as needed to promote department and student satisfaction.
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration.
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our overall campus environment.
- Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet key stakeholders needs.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities prioritize and delegate while delivering results.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: http://careers.newschool.edu/postings/14188
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!