Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
40 hours per week, 12 month position
$4,283.06 per month
$6,051.84 per month (Maximum entry $4,283.06 per month)
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
Supplemental Voluntary Life Insurance
403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
Cerro Coso College
CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide administrative support and assistance to an assigned program; perform a wide variety of special projects; participate in budget preparation and administration.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree and four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping, bookkeeping an audit procedures.
- Basic principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program activities.
- Budgeting practices regarding monitoring and control.
- Operating of computer equipment and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Public relations techniques.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Research, compile, analyze, interpret and prepare a variety of fiscal, statistical and administrative reports.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Maintain files and records.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on August 21, 2018 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
Application Screening: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10469
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.