Identity and Access Management Security Engineer
Identity Access Management
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Security Engineer is responsible for the analysis, detailed design, configuration, integration, testing, implementation of IAM applications and tools. This role executes and oversees the life cycle methodology, support standards, and practices, in accordance to project plans while carrying out responsibilities that include maintaining program configuration and technical documentation of the individual components within Saviynt and other ancillary IAM/IDM applications and solutions.
Expected to design as well as lead in the development and configuration of Saviynt functionality and other tools and technologies. The IMA Engineer responds to business problems and leads teams to develop and configure solutions to meet complex requirements. This role will solve complex, multi-faceted problems by exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for the best results.
- Working as an IAM SME to support the IAM management team in planning and organizing the direction of the Identity and Access Management program.
- Working with the development teams to make sure the right processes are in place as it relates to Software Development Lifecycle.
- Working and partnering with the IAM/IDM Architect and other teams during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
- Adhering to the established lifecycle methodology and practices in accordance to project plans while carrying out their responsibilities. This may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual applications.
- Managing and implementing designs as per the requirements, including being a lead in the testing of the solution
- Understanding business functional/non-functional requirements, policy requirements and tool parameters to ensure successful, quality designs and conveying any challenges along with plans to resolve
- Completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Interacting with partners to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Providing technical guidance to less experienced Engineers and Business Analysts
- Reviewing and/or certifying others configurations/code
Education and Certifications:
- 10 or more years of experience in IAM software development
- 5 or more years of experience leading complex IAM architectures
- Extensive experience with Saviynt, SailPoint Identity IQ or similar Identity and Access Governance solutions
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle processes and standards
- Demonstrated strong written and interpersonal communication
- Seasoned Engineer and Developer with a strong Identity Management background
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- BA/BS in information security, engineering, mathematics, or related area preferred
- IT Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, SANS, ITIL, etc.) are a plus
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Identity-and-Access-Management-Security-Engineer_R0000311
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.