The School of Management Dean’s Office invites applications for the position of Senior Manager of Academic Programs. Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Academic Programs, you will serve as an integral member of a team that is responsible for the management and direction of all aspects of the School’s graduate and undergraduate academic programs. Primary responsibilities include partnering with the Associate Dean on development and execution of School initiatives including:
- Working with faculty and staff on the development and execution of new academic programs, including digital badges and microcredentials.
- Assisting the enrollment management team with development of appropriate targets and corresponding implications for academic programs staffing/development.
- Acting as first point of contact for staffing issues and working with SOM and University staff to resolve such issues. Recommend organizational efficiencies and solutions.
- Assist with planning and management of School-wide events such as commencement, faculty presentations and others as required by the Dean.
- Utilizing appropriate UB systems that support the execution and reporting needs of all academic programs, including the hUB, SIRI, Infosource, UBjobs and Tableau.
- Serving on relevant School and University committees and collaborating with other decanal units on new program development
- Working closely with our international partners and programs to ensure smooth program operation; Develop new programs as appropriate.
- Working with Senior Associate Dean to prepare data and reports for accreditation by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), including involvement with site visits and annual reporting requirements.
Since 1923, the UB School of Management has built an impressive reputation as one of the best schools of business in the world. The comprehensive range of our academic portfolio, the expertise of our faculty and the worldwide success of our graduates are the primary reasons for the school’s acclaim. Learn more at mgt.buffalo.edu.
Masters Degree with at least one year experience working in an administrative role within a higher education setting. Experience working with faculty, staff and students required. Strong customer-service focus, organizational skills, and professional communication in both written and oral forms required. Must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and represent the Dean’s Office when required. Must be able to work independently and make decisions regarding work flow while balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
A master’s degree in Business or higher education is preferred, with five years relevant work experience in a higher education setting. Supervisory experience is a plus, but not required. Experience working with budgets, enrollment, staffing and academic matters for an academic unit is a plus. Experience with UB systems, such as hUB, InfoSource, SIRI and Tableau is preferred.