This is a full-time professional position with main management and oversight responsibility for construction projects on residential properties at the University at Buffalo. General responsibilities include:
- Planning and oversight of in-house rehabilitations, repair and major maintenance projects
- Analyze facility conditions and formulate recommendations for ongoing development of long term capital projects for residence hall and apartment complexes
- Serve as project manager for large scale construction projects
- Serve a subject matter expert in regard to building design, interpretation of codes and accessibility requirements.
Departmental Operating Needs
- Preparation of technical specifications, drawings, cost estimates, procurement, construction oversight, and project closeout as needed
- Provide recommendations based on industry standards in regard to life cycle and replacements
- Serve as main point of contact for project stakeholders
- Participate in master plan projects
- Good communication skills
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management is required.
A minimum of three years of experience in Construction Management or Construction/Architectural/MEP Project Administration and progressive experience in providing written reviews of technical specifications and construction drawings in preparation for bidding a construction project is required. Experience in reviewing contract budgets, change orders, project schedules, payment applications, materials testing, and all aspects of architectural, structural, mechanical, and MEP submittals.
Experience in dealing with customers and the ability to handle logistical issues due to construction related problems.
Five years of progressive experience in Construction Management or Construction/Architectural/MEP is preferred. Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred. A New York Professional registration in Engineering or Architecture and AutoCAD/Revit experience is desirable.
Salary Range $85,000 – $90,000
Campus All Campuses
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) work related references. Optional: You may also attach any documents you feel may enhance your candidacy for this position.
If the selected candidate is not a current University at Buffalo state employee a background check must be completed and passed prior to actual appointment.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.