The School of Dental Medicine Clinical Dentistry department is seeking several Teaching Hospital Sterile Supply Technician 1’s to provide various types of Instrument Management System (IMS) support to both clinical and pre-clinical activities. In this position, you will:
- manage and maintain inventory equipment, instruments, and supplies
- establish preventive maintenance procedures and schedules
- organize material distribution and returns
- carry out various administrative tasks, providing feedback and input
- assure that all instruction equipment is properly sterilized and maintain
- carefully adhere to all infectious control policies and procedures
UB Dental is a vital part of the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. As a teaching facility, we offer our dental students the opportunity to work closely with patients of all ages. In addition, we are a safety net for the Buffalo-Niagara region, providing dental care for thousands of people each year throughout the community.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
1. Successful completion of a nationally accredited central service exam for central service technicians AND current certification by a nationally accredited central sterile technician credentialing organization as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician, Central Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician, or a substantially equivalent credential.
2. Ability to obtain required certification within 18 months of hiring date.
Preference given to candidates with current Central Service Technician certification. Strong computer database skills a plus.