Assignments are short-term, temporary, and will not exceed 25 hours per week or 160 days per Fiscal Year. Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Large Group Instruction, to utilize independent judgment and initiative in performing functions in support of faculty and students in the large lecture environment.
Individual must be self-motivated, goal-oriented and understand the importance of record-keeping and working with confidential student information.
Under the general direction of the Coordinator, Large Group Instructional Support Services; to assist with instructional support for the large lecture halls during classes; to perform a variety of general clerical duties in support of the instructors in pre-class preparation; to perform other related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist instructors with pre-class preparation and perform clerical and other non-teaching tasks related to late afternoon and evening classes in the large lecture halls, such as typing, filing, and record keeping.
* Open classrooms and ascertain operating status of audio-visual equipment, making minor adjustments as needed and /or requested by instructors.
* Operate audio-visual equipment in large lecture halls when audiovisual assistant is not available.
* Type a variety of materials for classroom instruction.
* Assist coordinator, instructor or permanent assigned staff with the proctoring of exams to students.
* Assist with the preparation and dissemination of test results for instructors and students.
* Assist instructors in other related classroom activities.
* Schedule meetings, appointments, and special events as they pertain to the instructional needs of faculty and students.
* Perform other related clerical tasks as assigned.