Under the supervision of, coordinates and administers a variety of standardized tests for the college, including English, mathematics, reading, ESL, career assessment, and academic tests and self-discovery batteries. Prepares preliminary assessments. Ensures integrity and control of testing and diagnostic materials.
DISTINGUISHING CAREER FEATURES:
The Testing Technician can be part of a career path within the student support environment. Advancement from Testing Technician is possible to other student services or related positions based on need and compliance with the qualifications of the job.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Administers a variety of educational assessment tests aimed at identifying academic level, learning style, aptitude, and learning disabilities. Observes and documents student behavior and responses during the testing procedure.
* Administers a variety of tests on behalf of faculty for scheduled and on-line courses. Ensures proper testing environment and document control.
* Contacts new incoming students to discuss assessment options, schedules initial testing appointments, follows up to reschedule for missed scheduled appointments, and carries out the check-in of students into the assigned database. Works with students before testing to enhance success and minimize testing anxiety.
* Provides data to assist counselors, faculty and other specialists in assessing tests. Confers with specialists to determine specific testing needs of students. Schedules appointments and documents students needing further accommodations for testing and assessment.
* Score tests manually and by using a computer and specialized software. Updates student files and records. Monitor and maintain related student lists.
* Conducts preliminary assessments based on test results and observations of student behavior.
* Provides and explains test results to students and answers general questions about the assessment process.
* Assists with off-site proctoring of placement tests at local high schools and other designated locations.
* Compiles data related to assessment testing used for supporting research and state reporting, including numbers of students, demographics, number of tests given and types of tests.
* Maintains inventory of tests, testing supplies and general office supplies.
* Upholds Assessment Center policies and reports any perceived or observed signs of student conduct issues during testing such as cheating to the appropriate manager and/or administrator in accordance to campus Title IX guidelines for appropriate action.
* Assists in the training of student assistants and other part-time hourly staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.