IT Project Manager
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an IT Project Manager position within the Information Technology Services Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
Medical, dental, and vision options
Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating traditional and agile project teams through the project lifecycle, driving to successful completion. This position will simultaneously manage and deliver multiple large projects per agreed upon scope, schedule, budget, and objectives and is responsible for facilitating communication with the project team, vendors and other project stakeholders.
1. Project Initiation/Planning: Plan, lead, and organize traditional and agile project teams on multiple projects. Collaborate internally to complete project evaluation, scoping, requirements definition and documentation; plan and facilitate project kickoff; complete project schedule. Collaborate with service teams to perform resource planning, develop communication plan, communicate plans to campus stakeholders and to the campus community when appropriate.
2. Project Execution/Control: Monitor project execution, including deliverables and provide status reporting on project progress. Prioritize and address new or unresolved issues, risks and proposed changes. Escalate as appropriate. Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and manage project risk and issues. Communicate status and action information as part of the project communication plan, and informally as the needs of the project necessitate. Assure consistent application of the ITS project management methodology and processes.
3. Project Closeout: Complete detailed post project review and identify changes to improve overall project delivery. Communicate results.
4. Resource Management: Promote effective team interaction and collaboration and continuously work to meet the needs of the project team and stakeholders. Facilitate project team interaction and all applicable stakeholder communication and collaboration.
5. Participate in the continued development of ITS processes and procedures for project & portfolio management and ITS project communication.
6. Other duties as assigned.
BA/BS in management, business, or a related field
Three years of professional related work experience, to include formally or informally managing multiple projects that require high levels of collaboration, communication and tracking.
Experience working in an IT environment
At least one of the following certifications: CAPM /UST-CAP/ PMP / CBAP /Agile/SCRUM
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer