Academic Support Service Specialist- Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool, as needed
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
Monday-Friday, as needed
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
This position will report to the appropriate Program Manager or Director. The Academic Support Service Specialist will provide assistance to various Academic Support Services, including but not limited to: Supplemental Instruction (SI), Extend the Classroom (ETC), Tutoring Center, and other areas.
Examples of Duties:
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiarize students with opportunities for academic support, including students enrolled in courses targeted for Extend the Classroom (ETC) program.
- Assist Program Manager or appropriate supervisor with the intake, training, and evaluation of peer leaders.
- Consult with peer leaders on their progress toward professional goals and objectives.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and workshops as required.
- Triage incoming students based on their needs and refer them to appropriate campus and/or community resources.
- Assist with the assessment progress toward implementation of goals and objectives for Academic Support Services.
- Monitor student workers serving Academic Support Services.
- Ensure effective coordination of different areas of Academic Support Services by maintaining close communication with Program Managers and/or classified staff.
Academic Support Services available to Bakersfield College students
Campus and community resources
Strong oral and written communication skills
Basic technological proficiency
Customer service skills
Understand and follow oral/written instructions
Work well with others
Convey ideas clearly verbally as well as in writing
Learn new computer software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/9605
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.