Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Admin Support IV Human Resources
Utah Valley University
Admin Support IV Human Resources
: Staff - Full-Time
Human Resources is seeking an experienced administrative assistant to support the Associate Vice President of Human Resources (AVP HR). Under the direction of the AVP HR this position will prepare and monitor budgets; compose memos, letters, minutes; prepare materials for meetings and presentations; schedule meetings and calendar items; arrange office travel and associated accommodations; coordinate events, conferences and seminars; manage office records and files, memberships, and vendor relationships; order and maintain inventory of equipment and supplies. The successful candidate will be highly organized and must be able to perform in an extremely confidential environment with diplomacy and discretion.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelors degree and one year of experience related to the summary of duties; or an associates degree and three years of experience related to the summary of duties; or any combination of education and/or demonstrated experience related to the summary of duties totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven knowledge of office administration including methods, techniques, practices, procedures and the use of related computer software and electronic communication tools; knowledge of the use of computers and computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, databases, and presentations.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite in the preparation and creation of reports, charts, graphics, tables and graphs.
- Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated skill in managing a budget. Skills in problem-solving, time management and organization.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to follow verbal and written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing to all levels of constituents.
- Ability to perform, coordinate, and supervise a variety of administrative duties with minimum or no supervision.
- Ability to work independently on a multi-task level in prioritizing and following projects through to completion.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to anticipate department/staff needs.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited physical effort required.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$31,675 - $$39,593
STA135218 Human Resources Staff
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three business references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/10776
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |