Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate an organized program for staff and student education, directed toward the achievement of professional excellence. Establish professional education resources and instructional leadership for outreach programs directed to campus staff and students.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Health Educator is a healthcare professional providing educational information to college staff and students in order to promote on-site and local partners/healthcare programs and resources available to students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Coordinate Health Center staff to promote student/patient care and provide quality resources to students.
* Establish and maintain a resource pool of healthcare professionals, current healthcare information, and media/material resources to assist and support education and professional outreach efforts.
* Assist in the identification of underserved student populations and partner with appropriate departments to meet student needs.
* Provide mental health training to staff, administrators, faculty, students, and others.
* Strengthen partnerships with campus clubs, campus programs, Public Health Care agencies, and community agencies.
* Establish, design, and implement a peer health educator program on campus.
* Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.