Worcester Polytechnic Institute
SOCIAL SCIENCE & POLICY STUDIES
Administrative Exempt Positions
The Advanced Learning Technologies Lab at WPI is accepting applications for a Software Engineer, full time or part time.
The Software Engineer will support web-based software projects related to learning technologies for STEM (to help students learn mathematics and computational thinking, and to help teachers with assessment).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Assist in the implementation of new web-based systems and applications, or alter/modify existing ones for their improvement, ensuring their integration with existing systems.
2. Deploy web services and upload/manage Java-based systems via AWS or similar, satisfying requirements of being served to thousands of users across the country and overseas.
3. Create and share documentation related to software development, implementation, and operations, for expertise and knowledge about the system to be shared among team members.
- 1. Masters degree in computer science or computer engineering and 3-5 years of work
3. Knowledge of SQL databases management. Experience with data mapping structures, data flow diagrams and data definitions to be used in the development, modification and enhancement of system integrations.
4. Leadership skills and being able to work with a group of programmers, content developers, and content experts of various ages and expertise.
5. Excellent communication skills and team-work skills are required, both oral and written, being able to effectively interact with team members even if some of the members are located remotely.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
2. Cover Letter
3. List of References
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5441