The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) the University at Buffalo seeks to fill a Business Analyst position. We are particularly looking for candidates who can operate effectively in a diverse community of students and faculty and share our vision of helping all constituents reach their full potential.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the department mission by providing faculty and administration real time information to guide decision making. The department has hired nine new faculty in two years and this role will be pivotal in getting them set up and acclimated to the university to build an effective research laboratory. Consequently, a successful candidate will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
1. Business operations
- Organize and track startup expenses based on established commitments
- Organize and develop sustained systems to ensure accuracy or startup reporting.
- Facilitate purchases for lab and office startup using purchasing card and ereq systems
- Track student and faculty appointments per startup commitment sheets
2. Data and Business Analysis
- Generates reports or ad-hoc queries based upon institutional data for purposes of enrollment projections, course enrollment history and section trends for review by department’s administration.
- Supports faculty and staff by providing ad-hoc information when needed to make policy decisions.
- Incumbent will be the lead on special projects as assigned by the department chair.
3. Marketing Support
- Incumbent will support department communication initiatives including ABET Surveys, development and engagement opportunities and others as assigned.
- Incumbent will collaborate with department faculty and staff to create an effective marketing strategy and implement processes to engage constituents.
The School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University at Buffalo is the largest and most comprehensive of the SUNY engineering schools. The MAE Department currently has 38 fulltime faculty and is expected to grow to 44 faculty within the next 3-5 years. The MAE Department is also the largest undergraduate population in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences with over 1,200 undergraduate students.
Bachelor’s Degree required. 1 years’ work experience required. Working experience with budgets, and personal transactions, advance experience in Microsoft Access and Excel. Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
Master’s degree preferred. Preferred 12 months experience working in higher education. Ability to learn new technological systems in an efficient manner.