Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
The Program Coordinator, under direct supervision of the Chair of the English Department and the Graduate Director of the English Department, provides lead administrative assistance for the Graduate Director and secretarial and technical support for the Chair and faculty of the English Department.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and process graduate applications; maintain close contact with applicants via phone and email, keeping them apprised of the status of their applications; process applications for the Post M.A. Certificate; manage processing of double degree and certificate applications; prepare graduate course catalog each semester; send out registration materials every semester; register graduate students and maintain class lists; assign advisers to incoming graduate students through Banner; verify qualifications for graduate students that are teachers taking tuition reduction; coordinate faculty assignments for the English table at the Graduate Open House; prepare staffing reports for graduate assistants and tuition scholars; certify graduate students for graduation; generate admissions spreadsheets for fellowship review; update Graduate English Program handbook; revise University Course Catalog; maintain contact with alumni; assist in program development; coordinate outcomes assessment data collection; assist with social media; develop, generate, and disseminate annual alumni newsletter; work closely and collegially with other administrative staff; be creative, energetic, and proactive in suggesting ways to improve office functions as well as the Graduate English program itself.
- Serve as IT person for department: troubleshoot problems before contacting UNIT if needed; help faculty learn new systems; update Petersons website; update English Department and Graduate English Program websites regularly; run Oracle report and certify students for eligibility for the English Honor Society.
- Send out Graduate English Program information to high schools and colleges; run Discoverer reports for qualifying students for the Medallion for Academic Excellence; help plan social events for department.
- Create departmental forms; reserve rooms for meetings or social functions; maintain copier and fax machine; order department supplies; assist faculty when requested; assign advisers to undergraduate English majors when needed; assist with book orders or desk copies when needed.
- Design and create invitations and posters; arrange and maintain materials on bulletin boards.
- Do occasional xeroxing for professors; help professors with manuscripts; collect student payments for coursepacks.
- Decorate office for each holiday season.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ year(s) of related administrative experience required.
- Strong computer skills, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access); excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; ability to balance multiple tasks; professional demeanor in interaction with faculty, staff, students and other university departments.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
- Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of an academic setting preferred; knowledge of Banner/SCT system strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years experience working in an academic setting; some experience in customer service preferred.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15484
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |