The University at Buffalo Microbiome Center invites applications for a Project Administrative Officer. Duties Include:
1. Coordination of the laboratory-based programs with other components of the UB Microbiome Center and related research activities.
2. Responsible for day-to-day administrative functions necessary for effective program operation for these activities including IRB and conflict of interest procedures.
3. Responsible for assisting in reporting and interacting with administrators and sponsors of the Center.
4. Assist with development of new funding proposals and budgets for these programs.
5. Responsible for monitoring quality control measures for the various laboratory and animal procedures used by the Center programs.
6. Assist with development of and administering of journal clubs, seminar series, workshops, symposia, courses, and other activities related to our Microbiome Center Programs.
A series of projects are ongoing relating to the role of the microbiome and metabolome in metabolic diseases such as diabetes and obesity, in cardiovascular disease and in specific cancers including colorectal cancer. Other and projected projects involve the role of the microbiome and metabolome in pregnancy, and oral diseases. All aspects of microbiome research from clinical studies, next generation sequencing metabolite identification to bioinformatics are critical to these studies.
This position in the Microbiome Center at the University at Buffalo requires a self-motivated, productive and enthusiastic person willing to make the most of the collaborative environment at the UB Microbiome Center. The Center includes a group of dentists, epidemiologists, bioinformatics analysts, biostatisticians, and clinicians.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Motivation, interest and a collaborative spirit are highly desired! Successful candidates will have opportunities to work with a strong group of collaborators in multiple fields.