The University at Buffalo Office of Admissions seeks multiple temporary Admissions Counselors to provide Admission counseling and outreach services to all prospective students, their parents and school counselors concerning UB academic programs, admissions policies and procedures. In this position, you will:
- Build and cultivate key relationships and partnerships with constituents, such as: secondary school communities, community-based organizations, alumni, and professional organizations.
- Represent the university at in and out of state recruiting events, high school and college visits, college fairs.
- Assist with all phases of the application processing.
- Counsel students/parents on admission to the university.
- Represent the university in various Admissions informational sessions.
- Travel to recruit students via attendance at organized recruitment events or visits to schools, including evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
Work Hours: Monday -Friday 8:30-5:00 pm; evenings and weekends as needed to meet the professional obligation.
Applications cannot be accepted via email or US mail, please submit your application materials through the University at Buffalo website, UBJobs. Please do not call to inquire about application status, qualified candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION. DATES WILL BE DISCUSSED DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
The University at Buffalo is a flagship institution in the State University of New York system, UB is the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus SUNY system. It is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year related experience working in a counseling role, customer service environment or working with college bound students
- Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate their ability to meet the transportation needs for this position.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, attentiveness to detail, and technology competence.
- Experience with Windows based computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Master’s degree
- Experience within a higher education setting
- Multi-lingual ability: preferably Spanish or Chinese