Under the general direction of the Vice Chancellor of Educational Services and Technology, the District Director of Grants and Educational Services is responsible for coordinating, supporting, and monitoring all pre- and post-award activities regarding grants and related contracts secured on behalf of the district; coordinating activities district-wide related to researching funding sources and opportunities, grants training, managing centralized grants clearinghouse, writing grant applications, providing support for grant submissions, and post-award grant management; providing support for instructional programs and services district-wide; supervising and evaluating the performance of assigned personnel.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Research potential public and private grant opportunities.
* Work with administrators, faculty and staff district-wide to match grant opportunities to District and College priorities, and facilitate or lead project development team sessions with faculty, staff, and administrators.
* Provide oversight for activities related to identifying and recognizing external opportunities that present viable funding opportunities to reach district-wide goals and priorities.
* Actively seek, identify and recognize external opportunities that present viable funding opportunities that match District-wide goals.
* Coordinate all aspects of proposal development with appropriate College and/or District Office personnel and departments.
* Write grant narratives, prepare budgets, complete application forms, and submit grant applications.
* Provide or assist with post-award grant project implementation; monitor and administer grants through the grant life-cycle.
* Prepare and submit grant reports and budgets for secured grants and assigned categorical programs; monitor and control expenditures; ensure proper maintenance of audit trails, documentation and financial records.
* Articulate measurable goals and objectives for the office and report key outcomes on a regular basis.
* Create and implement procedures, structures, and systems related to the development, communication and the administration of grants.
* Identify and disseminate information on public funding opportunities that align with the District's mission and goals.
* Serve as the District's primary liaison to public funding sources, and promote the District's interests with these agencies.
* Develop and implement appropriate systems for tracking grant applications, success rates, grant awards and outcomes.
* Systematically evaluate processes and procedures and automate functions when possible.
* Develop or coordinate development of grant project summaries, grant reports and other related reports for the College or District Office administration and the Board of Trustees.
* Develop resource guides for internal use.
* Review federal and state legislation to assess levels of grant support and the impact on existing grant funding.
* Serve as a liaison with local, state, federal and private funders.
* Develop, implement and evaluate a district-wide strategic plan for the submission and monitoring of grants.
* Conduct one-on-one training and group workshops related to grant writing and grant administration.
* Hire independent contractors, professional experts, and other personnel that may be engaged in various aspects of planned or secured grant related activities and work.
* Interview, assign, train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
* Work collaboratively with the District Office of Research, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness to coordinate the gathering of data for grant proposals and grant reports.
* Work collaboratively with District and/or College Fiscal Services on all aspects of pre-award and post-award budgets; create customized budgets and ensure compliance on grants.
* Maintain accurate records on grant development efforts and prepare annual report on outcomes of these activities.
* Maintain a positive, proactive relationship with District and/or College fiscal services, purchasing, human resources, payroll etc. to ensure full grant compliance and process efficiency
* Ensure all guidelines, expected outcomes and program deliverables are observed per the grantor's specifications and timelines.
* Coordinate grant support services for site visits and audits by funding agencies.
* Coordinate and implement procedures for curriculum preparation, approvals and record-keeping.
* Serve as District Office liaison for curriculum support and coordination.
* Coordinate with the Colleges in the District and prepare Board agenda items related to grants, courses, programs and materials fees.
* Serve as the District Office representative for Career Technical Education (CTE); review and prepare CTE plans, reports and fund claims as required by federal and state laws and regulations.
* Assist the Colleges and review proposals for new CTE programs.
* Develops and presents grant workshops to faculty and staff.
* Serve as curriculum liaison between the District Office and the State Chancellor's Office.
* Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and a variety of specialized systems and software; drive a vehicle to conduct work.
* Participate in, coordinate or lead teams, workgroups or committees, as appropriate.
* Perform other duties as assigned.